Facing a legal issue on a personal matter and have never sought legal advice before? Call us to make an appointment for free basic legal advice with our volunteer lawyers.
The next Legal Clinics will be held on the following dates:
Dates for Legal Clinics:
16 November 2017, Thursday (registration by 3 November 2017)
14 December 2017, Thursday (registration by 1 December 2017)
18 January 2018, Thursday (registration by 5 January 2018)
NTUC Centre, One Marina Boulevard, Singapore 018989
7pm to 9pm
There are limited slots per session and pre-registration is compulsory.
Members may email to email@example.com or call us at 8444 6209
Details required for registration are:
Full name as in identification document
Date of Birth
Brief Synopsis of the matter you wish to consult a lawyer
Eligibility for Legal Clinics:
1. The applicant must be a NTUC member;
2. The member must not have previously consulted a lawyer on the same matter;
3. The issue should not be employment-related one;
4. Information sought is for applicant’s personal matter (i.e. not for spouse or family member) and
5. Information sought is not for business, corporate or investment matters.
What to expect at the Legal Clinics:
- Basic legal advice and information will be given.
- Only oral advice.
- No drafting or vetting of documents and letters.
- The member is not able to have a second appointment for the same matter.
- Consultation with the volunteer lawyer will not exceed 20 minutes.
- The volunteer lawyer will not be able to act for or represent the member in any subsequent legal action.